Dr. Saad Saad was born in Palestine and grew up in Kuwait. He was raised together with his seven siblings. He graduated 47 years ago from the University of Cairo with a medical degree.
He started his career in England where he was on internship and later relocated to the United States. While in the U.S he specialized in pediatric surgery and he became a board-certified member of this occupation.
Under his name, Dr. Saad Saad has developed several pediatric surgical procedures and has patented more than two inventions. During his career, he has performed thousands of pediatric procedures on children including teenagers and infants.
He was the first medical specialist to perform a surgical procedure on the youngest kid. The kid was admitted to the King Specialist Hospital with an aneurysm.
Dr. Saad Saad Career Experience
Having completed his studies, he went to an internship in England, and 45 years ago he migrated to the United States. While there he had to take a lot of exams, progressive surgical practices, and specialized training to become a certified board member.
Dr. Saad Saad became a specialist at King Special Hospital where he performed complex surgical procedures. After serving at King Faisal Hospital for some years, he went back to the United States for his young ones to attend a local school. Before his retirement, Dr. Saad Saad was the Co-Medical Director and the Surgeon of K Hovnanian Children Hospital.
Advice from Dr. Saad
During his interview with Medical Daily Times, Dr. Saad saad was open to sharing his experiences in his profession. When asked about what happens when young children swallow a foreign material, he responded by saying that your children are curious to insert a lot of foreign substances in the mouth and swallow. Learn more about Dr. Saas Saad: https://www.doximity.com/pub/saad-saad-md
Most of the objects may pass through the kid’s food pipe without causing any injuries. But it comes a time when these materials are unable to pass or accidentally, get their way into the windpipe.
The most common indicators of stuck objects include wheezing, difficulties in swallowing and breathing. The most common examples of materials that get stuck during the swallowing process include coins, peanuts, and hot dogs. Read more: Dr. Saad Saad | Crunchbase and Hard to Swallow Adivice From Dr. Saad Saad | Medical Daily Times
On the other hand, tinny objects such as peanuts normally stuck in the windpipe. If your child is under six years of age, to unstack materials from him or her, you can make the child be in an upside-down position by holding his or her legs and tapping on the back.
If your child swallows an object, you should not rush to scoop it out using your finger since it can lead to further blockages. In emergency rooms, X-rays help to determine if objects indeed stuck in the kid’s food pipe and can only detect only 50% of the objects.