Serial killers walk this earth and some are more heinous than others. The scariest by far is David Parker Ray, known to all as the Toy Box Killer. He kidnapped and tortured nearly 60 women in his history of crime. Up until his capture, he tortured and killed victims in a “toy box” which was a constructed room he built for this purpose, making him one of the worst serial killers.
Here are 12 terrifying details about David Parker Ray:
- He recorded a monologue for the women he kidnapped, telling them who he was and that he drugged them. He said he was playing a game and they were the victim.
- He told the women they would be locked in a steel cage while his dog performed bestiality on her.
- He wasn’t alone but had others help torture victims.
- He used brain-washing techniques, telling them he would let them go when he was done with them, only to torture then murder them.
- He was pathetically obsessed with S & M even as a young teen
- The Toy Box Killer had a daughter who would help him capture his victims.
- The Toy Box was in the middle of nowhere in Elephant Butte, New Mexico. If a woman tried to escape, she had nowhere to go. Bodies could be buried anywhere and no one would know.
- He spent over $100k buying the items needed for the Toy Box to torture his victims.
- Every single victim came from the Blue Water Saloon. First, someone would drug the drink, then abduct the woman before throwing them in the toy box.
- He was sentenced to 224 years in prison.
- He was only tried for 3 murders but the police know he killed up to 60 women
- Lastly, he worked for the government! Yes, he was an ordinary guy who worked for New Mexico’s Parks and Recreation department. Makes a person wonder what other corrupt and evil lies in our government?
See some of his serial killer crime photos if you feel brave enough. Although I wouldn’t recommend doing so if you have a weak stomach.